Within today’s diverse IT landscape many organisations are focussing on re-using rather than replacing their IT assets. Although the “dotcom” boom has turned into an IT recession, on-line business activity is steadily increasing, particularly with bricks and mortar enterprises. The drivers for this are no longer the promise of increased revenue but the more practical aspects of increases in productivity and improved customer service. Extending existing business processes is one aspect of our proposition to our customers. It is not the only one, however. We view integration as a first step in a tactical B2B or EAI solution. To fully embrace the benefits of electronic trading we offer a bundled J2EE application server solution that allows application integration, legacy application migration and new server-side application building, in one single middleware environment.
MODCOMP has extensive experience in Business Process Integration through complex data retrieval using portals through secure on-line transaction processing and integrated messaging applications.
This experience has been employed on a number of EAI, B2B, B2C and message integration projects using technologies from leading IT companies such as Microsoft, Sun, IBM, HP and BEA using MODCOMP’s own middleware platforms – ViewMax and OpenXport. The following examples of business process integration solutions have been deployed successfully with MODCOMP’s clients in the Manufacturing, Travel, Financial Services, Retail Distribution and Public Services Markets.
- On-line self service – using existing call centre applications
- Supply chain integration – demand forecasting, availability to promise, vendor managed inventory
- Portal – secure, individual access to data, content, transactional IT resources
- On-line ordering/reservations/patient administration applications
- Mobile applications – shop floor data processing with mainframe applications
- Media-independent publishing – single repository for print and electronic content delivery
- Remote workforce automation – VPN access to real time data
- Universal messaging server applications
- EDI, XML and web services message integration
So, if you are seeking to extend the reach of your enterprise data and applications to your customers and business partners, look no further. With MODCOMP you can be assured of an economic solution that will meet your short-term business needs and your long-term strategic objectives.